We had a great year of VBS! Thank you to all of you who helped make this week possible by giving of your time and bringing your children! The stories that the kids learned this year were SO foundational in helping the children understand the gospel. The stories together showed the kids what it means to follow Christ, as well as how our lives should be changed after we make the decision to follow Jesus.
You have the opportunity to follow up and help your kids dive deeper into God’s Word! You can help your kids continue to understand the VBS stories, as well as apply them to their lives. Below are a few resources I have available:
- Lifeway VBS Parent Guide: Below, you will find a link to the VBS 2016 Parent Guide, which has five daily devotions for families, an overview of the VBS stories, fun activities for summer time, and a gospel presentation. The link below is a link to purchase a pack of parent guide; however, I have guides available at the church on the canoe desk for you to pick up for free! Please pick those up! Parent Guide Link
- Kid’s Devotional Bibles: Lifeway has also created a devotional Bible, which includes 30 days of short devotionals that will help the kids apply what they learned at VBS. I have many devotionals available a the church! Please contact me if you would like one!
I hope you all have a great summer, and I hope this summer will be a time of rest and spiritual growth for you and your children!
Summer is a great time to spend extra time reviewing what the kids will be learning at church! Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Sunday School and Children’s Church this summer! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Gospel Project for Kids App or contact Sara for additional info!
6/5/16 – Israel Demanded a King (1 Samuel 8-10)
- Main Point: God chose Saul as Israel’s first king.
6/12/16 – God Rejected Saul as King (1 Samuel 13:1-14; 15:1-35)
- Main Point: God rejected Saul as king because of his sin.
6/19/16 – David was anointed and fought Goliath (1 Samuel 16-17)
- Main Point: God gave David power to defeat Goliath.
6/26/16 – David and Jonathan Became Friends (1 Samuel 18:1-12; 19:1-10)
- Main Point: God used Jonathan to save David’s Life
7/3/16 – God Made a Covenant with David (2 Samuel 7)
- Main Point: God promised that Jesus would come from David’s Family.
7/10/16 – David Sinned and Was Restored (2 Samuel 11:1-12:14; Psalm 51)
- Main Point: God forgave David when he repented of his sin.
7/17/16 – Solomon Asks for Wisdom (1 Kings 2:1-4, 10-12; 3:1-15)
- Main Point: Solomon asked God for wisdom to lead God’s people.
7/24/16 – Wisdom for God’s People (Proverbs 1:1-7; 3:1-12; 4:10-19)
- Main Point: Wisdom is fearing the Lord and obeying His Word.
7/31/16 – Solomon Built the Temple (1 Kings 6-8)
- Main Point: God chose Solomon to build a temple where He would dwell with His people.
8/7/16 – Solomon’s Sin Divided the Kingdom (1 Kings 11-12)
- Main Point: God divided Israel into two kingdoms because Solomon sinned.
8/15/16 – Solomon thought about Life (Ecclesiastes 1:1-11)
- Main Point: Life has a purpose only with God.
8/22/16 – Job (Job 1-42)
- Main Point: Job learned that God is all-powerful, sovereign, and goo.
8/29/16 – Praises of God’s People (Psalms 1; 100; 110)
- Main Point: People wrote songs to praise God because of who He is.