On Wednesday nights, both students and kids will be using the D6 Curriculum. If you download the D6 Family App (on your phone), you will have access to three free activities per week to go along with the lesson the kids learn at church. Click the “Splink” Tab after you open the App to find free resources. Additionally, you may purchase devotionals through the app for you and your kids to read. Also, you can use the weekly take home sheets as a tool to talk about the lessons.
(Note: The App dates the lessons by Sundays, rather than Wednesdays. Check the Below Schedule to ensure you are on the correct lesson each week.)
Wednesday Night Bible Studies
Seeing God in the Big Picture of our Lives (Old Testament – Exodus)
- January 18 – God Raised Up a Deliverer: God had a Plan for Moses (Exodus 2:1-25)
- January 25 – God Executed His Plan (Exodus 3:1-22)
- February 1 – God Delivered His People: God is our Deliverer (Exodus 12)
- February 8 – God Demonstrated His Power: God is Our Guide (Exodus 14)
- February 15 – God Met the Needs of His People: God is Our Provider (Exodus 16:1-17:7)
Rules and Relationships Work Together (Old Testament – Exodus/Numbers)
- February 22 – Rules to Live By (Exodus 20:1-21)
- March 1 – The Snare of Idolatry (Exodus 32:1-35)
- March 8 – The Glory of God’s Presence (Exodus 40:1-38)
- March 15 – Consequences of Rebellion (Numbers 14:1-38)
- March 22 – No Wash (Spring Break)
- March 29 – A Covering of Sin (Numbers 15:1-31)
The Attitude of Privilege, not Obligation, in Serving Christ (Special Topic – Grace)
- April 5 – Saved By Grace (Romans 5:15-21; 11:5-6; Ephesians 2:1-10)
- April 12 – Freedom from Guilt (Psalm 103:1-22)
- April 19 – Grace-based Relationships (Romans 14:1-23)
- April 26 – The Law of Love (Matthew 22:34-40; Romans 13:8-10; 1John 4:7-5:5)
Explaining the Supernatural from the Bible, not the Box Office (Special Topic: Difficult Questions)
- May 3 – How Does Prayer Work? (Matthew 7:7-11; Romans 8:26-27; John 14:13-14)
- May 10 – What is Heaven Really Like? (Revelation 21:1-22:5)
Here are some important dates for the spring semester:
- January 15, 2017 – Bible Drill Resumes (5:15-7:15 pm)
- February 12, 2017 – Church Drill, 6pm
- February 18, 2017 – Regional Bible Drill, 9:30am, Baring Cross Baptist in Sherwood, AR (4th-6th Grade Drill Group Only)
- March 4, 2017 – State Drill, 10 am (Woodland Heights Baptist Church, Conway, AR)
- March 19 & 26, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Spring Break)
- April 16, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Easter)
- May 14, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Mother’s Day)
- May 21, 2017 – Last Bible Drill of the year
Also, by clicking on the following link (Verse List), you will find a list of the verses and key passages that the kids will continue learning this year. The children should already have this verse/key passage list on the Green card that they received last semester.
It is important that you help your children and encourage them as they learn the verses, key passages, and books. I know it can be difficult to keep up with the papers that we send home each with assignments, so I have included two PDF documents on this blog that list the content we will be learning each week. Feel free to download and print this for yourself and/or your child.
Lastly, while they are learning/memorizing Bible Drill content, remember to talk about the verse meanings and key passage themes with your children. Our hope is that the kids not only memorize the words of Scripture, but also apply these truths to their lives. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Sunday School this Winter! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Gospel Project for Kids App or contact Sara for additional info!
Theme: Exile and Return
- December 4: Daniel and his Friends Obeyed God (Daniel 1)
- Main Point: Daniel obeyed God by not eating the king’s food.
- December 11: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Daniel 3)
- Main Point: God was with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fire.
- December 18: Daniel was Rescued (Daniel 6)
- Main Point: Daniel was faithful to God, and God rescued Him.
- December 25: No Sunday School
- January 1: No Sunday School
- January 8: God Brought His People Home (Ezra 1:1-2:2; 2:64-3:13)
- Main Point: God changed the king’s heart so the Israelites could go home.
- January 15: The Temple was Completed (Ezra 4:1-7; 5:1-5; 6:1-22)
- Main Point: God helped His people rebuild the temple
- January 22: Esther became Queen (Ester 1-4)
- Main Point: Esther agreed to help her people.
- January 29: God Saved His People Through Esther (Ester 5-10)
- Main Point: God used Esther at just the right time to save His people.
- February 5: Nehemiah Heard News of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 1-2)
- Main Point: Nehemiah prayed that God would help His people rebuild Jerusalem’s walls.
- February 12: Jerusalem’s Walls Were Rebuild (Nehemiah 3:1-6:16)
- Main Point: God used Nehemiah to lead His people as they rebuilt Jerusalem’s walls.
- February 19: Ezra Read the Law (Nehemiah 8:1-12)
- Main Point: Ezra read God’s Word to teach the people how to obey God.
- February 26: Malachi the Prophet (Malachi 1-4)
- Main Point: God told His people to repent and get ready for Jesus.
Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Children’s Church this Winter/Spring! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Bible Studies for Life App (Title in App Store – Bible Studies for Life: Kids and Worship for Life: Kids) or contact Sara for additional info!
Unit 1 – Jesus Was Born
- January 1 – Isaiah Told About Jesus (Isaiah 9)
- January 8 – Angels Told About Jesus (Luke 1:26-56; Matthew 1:18-24)
- January 15 – Jesus Was Born (Luke 2:1-20)
- January 22 – Wise Men Visited Jesus (Matthew 2:1-12)
Unit 2 – God’s Amazing Power
- January 29 – Joshua Was Chosen (Joshua 1:1-9; Deuteronomy 34:9-12)
- February 5 – Joshua and Jericho (Joshua 6:1-21)
- February 12 – God Chose Gideon (Judges 6:11-23)
- February 19 – Ruth, Boaz, an Obed (Ruth 1:1-22; 2:1-23; 4:13-17)
- February 26 – Hannah Prayed (1 Samuel 1)
Unit 3 – Learning About God
- March 5 – Joash and the People Gave Offerings (2 Chronicles 23:11,13; 24:1-4)
- March 12 – Esther (Esther 2:2-18; 4:5-17; 5:1-14; 7:1-10; 8:8-17)
- March 19 – Jeremiah Wrote God’s Words (Jeremiah 36)
- March 26 – Daniel Chose (Daniel 1:1-20)