Here are some important dates for the spring semester:
- January 15, 2017 – Bible Drill Resumes (5:15-7:15 pm)
- February 12, 2017 – Church Drill, 6pm
- February 18, 2017 – Regional Bible Drill, 9:30am, Baring Cross Baptist in Sherwood, AR (4th-6th Grade Drill Group Only)
- March 4, 2017 – State Drill, 10 am (Woodland Heights Baptist Church, Conway, AR)
- March 19 & 26, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Spring Break)
- April 16, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Easter)
- May 14, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Mother’s Day)
- May 21, 2017 – Last Bible Drill of the year
Also, by clicking on the following link (Verse List), you will find a list of the verses and key passages that the kids will continue learning this year. The children should already have this verse/key passage list on the Green card that they received last semester.
It is important that you help your children and encourage them as they learn the verses, key passages, and books. I know it can be difficult to keep up with the papers that we send home each with assignments, so I have included two PDF documents on this blog that list the content we will be learning each week. Feel free to download and print this for yourself and/or your child.
- 3rd-5th Competitive Drill Assignment Sheet: drill-class-weekly-assignments
- 1st-2nd & 3rd-5th Non Competitive Group Assignment Sheet: bible-drill-spring-2017-weekly-plans
Lastly, while they are learning/memorizing Bible Drill content, remember to talk about the verse meanings and key passage themes with your children. Our hope is that the kids not only memorize the words of Scripture, but also apply these truths to their lives. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!