Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Sunday School this Winter! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Gospel Project for Kids App or contact Sara for additional info!
Theme: Exile and Return
- December 4: Daniel and his Friends Obeyed God (Daniel 1)
- Main Point: Daniel obeyed God by not eating the king’s food.
- December 11: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Daniel 3)
- Main Point: God was with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fire.
- December 18: Daniel was Rescued (Daniel 6)
- Main Point: Daniel was faithful to God, and God rescued Him.
- December 25: No Sunday School
- January 1: No Sunday School
- January 8: God Brought His People Home (Ezra 1:1-2:2; 2:64-3:13)
- Main Point: God changed the king’s heart so the Israelites could go home.
- January 15: The Temple was Completed (Ezra 4:1-7; 5:1-5; 6:1-22)
- Main Point: God helped His people rebuild the temple
- January 22: Esther became Queen (Ester 1-4)
- Main Point: Esther agreed to help her people.
- January 29: God Saved His People Through Esther (Ester 5-10)
- Main Point: God used Esther at just the right time to save His people.
- February 5: Nehemiah Heard News of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 1-2)
- Main Point: Nehemiah prayed that God would help His people rebuild Jerusalem’s walls.
- February 12: Jerusalem’s Walls Were Rebuild (Nehemiah 3:1-6:16)
- Main Point: God used Nehemiah to lead His people as they rebuilt Jerusalem’s walls.
- February 19: Ezra Read the Law (Nehemiah 8:1-12)
- Main Point: Ezra read God’s Word to teach the people how to obey God.
- February 26: Malachi the Prophet (Malachi 1-4)
- Main Point: God told His people to repent and get ready for Jesus.