Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Sunday School this Fall! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Gospel Project for Kids App or contact Sara for additional info!
Theme: Jesus Saves
Unit 25: Jesus the Anointed One | Key Passage: Luke 4:18
Unit Description: As people began to turn against Jesus, he journeyed toward Jerusalem where He knew He would be arrested and crucified. Jesus continued to tell people that they needed to repent, and He prepared His true followers for His death.
Big Picture Question: Why do believers share the Lord’s Supper? Believers share the Lord’s Supper to remember Jesus’ life and death and to proclaim Him until He returns.
- September 3: Jesus Was Anointed (Matthew 26:6-13; John 12:1-8)
- Main Point: Jesus said Mary anointed Him for burial.
- September 10: Jesus Cleansed the Temple (Matthew 21:12-17; Mark 11:15-19)
- Main Point: Jesus drove out the people who were misusing the temple.
- September 17: The Last Supper (Matthew 26:26-30; John 13:1-15)
- Main Point: Jesus and the disciples ate the first Lord’s Supper at Passover.
- September 24: Jesus was Arrested (Matthew 26:36 – 27:2)
- Main Point: Jesus was betrayed and arrested.
Unit 25: Jesus the Savior | Key Passage: Ephesians 2:8-9
Unit Description: Soon after Jesus arrived in Jerusalem, He was betrayed, arrested, tried, and crucified. However, the darkest moment of the story became the brightest when Jesus rose from the dead to provide forgiveness for all of God’s people.
Big Picture Question: Why did Jesus die on the cross? Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins and came back to life to show we are forgiven.
- October 1: Jesus’ Crucifixion (Matthew 27:11-66)
- Main Point: Jesus was crucified on the cross.
- October 8: Jesus’ Resurrection (Matthew 28:1-15; John 20:1-18)
- Main Point: Jesus was resurrected on the third day.
- October 15: The Emmaus Disciples (Luke 24:13-35)
- Main Point: Jesus taught that all the Scriptures point to Him.
Unit 27: Jesus The Risen King | Key Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
Unit Description: After Jesus rose from the dead, He’s spent 40 more days proving that He is alive and preparing His followers to continue His mission after he returned to heaven to be with His Father.
Big Picture Question: What is our mission as believers? Our mission as believers is to make disciples of all nations by the power of the Spirit.
- October 22: Jesus Appeared to the Disciples (Luke 24:36-49; John 20:19-23)
- Main Point: Jesus appeared to His disciples.
- October 29: Jesus and the Doubter (John 20:24-29)
- Main Point: Jesus showed His hands and side to Thomas.
- November 5: Jesus Forgives and Restores (John 21:1-19)
- Main Point: Jesus forgave Peter and gave him a mission.
- November 12: Jesus Gave the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20)
- Main Point: Jesus gave the disciples the Great Commission.
- November 19: Jesus Ascended to Heaven (Acts 1:4-14)
- Main Point: Jesus ascended to heaven in a cloud.
- November 26: A Song of Thanksgiving (Isaiah 12)
- Main Point: We are thankful because Jesus died on the cross and rose again to save us from our sins.