Purpose of SBC Kids Connect:
The goal of this site is to more effectively communicate to all parents what children will be learning at church so that discipleship will continue beyond the church walls. We are here to assist you spiritually with your kids, provide resources coherent with our curriculum, pray for you, point you to content that will address specific cultural/ethical/parenting issues, and listen to your struggles as you raise your kids. Never hesitate to approach us with your needs. It is our JOY to walk with you in parenthood!
Your Role as the Spiritual Leader of Your Family:
- Ask: “What is my end goal in raising each of the children God has entrusted to me, and then how will I parent them with that end in mind?”
- Allow the Gospel to Determine your Parenting Model: “The gospel is not only a message of salvation for those apart from Christ. It is the foundation and hope of parenting. And we know this is true because the gospel itself is the story of our heavenly Father reconciling His children to Himself through the work of His Son.”
- The Environment of Storytelling: “At the heart of our Christian faith is a story…Unless the story is known, understood, owned, and lived, we and our children will not have Christian faith.”
- An Environment Responsibility: “The trouble with deep belief is that it costs something. And there is something inside of me…that doesn’t like the truth at all because it carries responsibility. If I actually believe these things, I have to do something about them.
- The Environment of Modeling: “The best things your children will learn about God will be from watching you try to find out for yourself. Jesus said, “Seek and you will find.” They will not always do what you tell them to do, but they will be—good and bad—as they see you being. If your children see you seeking, they will seek—the finding part is up to God.”
Sunday School – Sunday Mornings at 9:15 am
Children’s Church – Sunday Mornings at 10:30 am (Birth-K)
Worship Arts – Sunday Evenings at 5:30 pm (Seasonal)
Camp Sweet Hill Wednesdays – Wednesday Evenings at 6 pm
Contact Information and Links
Kids Remind- Text @sbcar-kids to 81010
Facebook- SBC Kids Ministry (@sbckidsminAR)