During our second week of WASH, our Pre K – Kindergarten learned about Noah, and our 1st – 5th Grade learned about Abraham!
Below you will find link to this week’s parent page. You can download the document and then use it review the story/disciple your kids at home:
Week 2: Elementary (1st – 5th) – Abraham
Week 2: Preschool and Kindergarten – Noah
Have a good week!
During our first week of WASH, we learned that God created the world and everything in the universe, as we can read in Genesis 1-2!
This year, there will be weekly parent pages that you can download and use to review the story and disciple your kids at home. See the below links for this week’s information:
Elementary Week 1 Parent Page
Preschool and Kindergarten Week 1 Parent Page
Have a good weekend!
Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Children’s Church this Fall! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Bible Studies for Life App (Title in App Store – Bible Studies for Life: Kids and Worship for Life: Kids) or contact Sara for additional info!
Unit 1 – Telling Others About Jesus
- August 6, 2017 – Philip and the Ethiopian (Acts 8:25-40)
- August 20, 2017 – Saul told about Jesus (Acts 9:18-31)
- September 3, 2017 – Peter and Cornelius (Acts 10)
- September 10, 2017 – The Antioch Church Helped (Acts 11:19-30)
Unit 2 – Being On Mission
- September 17, 2017 – People Prayed for Peter (Acts 12:5-19)
- September 24, 2017 – Paul Became a Missionary (Acts 13)
- October 1, 2017 – Paul and Barnabas Told About Jesus (Acts 14)
- October 8, 2017 – Paul Taught Lydia about Jesus (Acts 16:11-15)
- October 15, 2017 – Paul and Silas (Acts 16:16-34)
Unit 3 – Following God’s Plan
- October 22, 2017 – Paul Taught in Athens (Acts 17:16-34)
- October 29, 2017 – Apollos Told about Jesus (Acts 18:24-28)
- November 5, 2017 – Timothy Learned about Jesus (2 Timothy 1:1-5; 3:14-17)
- November 12, 2017 – Peter Taught about Choices (1 & 2 Peter)
Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Sunday School this Fall! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Gospel Project for Kids App or contact Sara for additional info!
Theme: Jesus Saves
Unit 25: Jesus the Anointed One | Key Passage: Luke 4:18
Unit Description: As people began to turn against Jesus, he journeyed toward Jerusalem where He knew He would be arrested and crucified. Jesus continued to tell people that they needed to repent, and He prepared His true followers for His death.
Big Picture Question: Why do believers share the Lord’s Supper? Believers share the Lord’s Supper to remember Jesus’ life and death and to proclaim Him until He returns.
- September 3: Jesus Was Anointed (Matthew 26:6-13; John 12:1-8)
- Main Point: Jesus said Mary anointed Him for burial.
- September 10: Jesus Cleansed the Temple (Matthew 21:12-17; Mark 11:15-19)
- Main Point: Jesus drove out the people who were misusing the temple.
- September 17: The Last Supper (Matthew 26:26-30; John 13:1-15)
- Main Point: Jesus and the disciples ate the first Lord’s Supper at Passover.
- September 24: Jesus was Arrested (Matthew 26:36 – 27:2)
- Main Point: Jesus was betrayed and arrested.
Unit 25: Jesus the Savior | Key Passage: Ephesians 2:8-9
Unit Description: Soon after Jesus arrived in Jerusalem, He was betrayed, arrested, tried, and crucified. However, the darkest moment of the story became the brightest when Jesus rose from the dead to provide forgiveness for all of God’s people.
Big Picture Question: Why did Jesus die on the cross? Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins and came back to life to show we are forgiven.
- October 1: Jesus’ Crucifixion (Matthew 27:11-66)
- Main Point: Jesus was crucified on the cross.
- October 8: Jesus’ Resurrection (Matthew 28:1-15; John 20:1-18)
- Main Point: Jesus was resurrected on the third day.
- October 15: The Emmaus Disciples (Luke 24:13-35)
- Main Point: Jesus taught that all the Scriptures point to Him.
Unit 27: Jesus The Risen King | Key Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
Unit Description: After Jesus rose from the dead, He’s spent 40 more days proving that He is alive and preparing His followers to continue His mission after he returned to heaven to be with His Father.
Big Picture Question: What is our mission as believers? Our mission as believers is to make disciples of all nations by the power of the Spirit.
- October 22: Jesus Appeared to the Disciples (Luke 24:36-49; John 20:19-23)
- Main Point: Jesus appeared to His disciples.
- October 29: Jesus and the Doubter (John 20:24-29)
- Main Point: Jesus showed His hands and side to Thomas.
- November 5: Jesus Forgives and Restores (John 21:1-19)
- Main Point: Jesus forgave Peter and gave him a mission.
- November 12: Jesus Gave the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20)
- Main Point: Jesus gave the disciples the Great Commission.
- November 19: Jesus Ascended to Heaven (Acts 1:4-14)
- Main Point: Jesus ascended to heaven in a cloud.
- November 26: A Song of Thanksgiving (Isaiah 12)
- Main Point: We are thankful because Jesus died on the cross and rose again to save us from our sins.
Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Children’s Church this Spring/Summer! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Bible Studies for Life App (Title in App Store – Bible Studies for Life: Kids and Worship for Life: Kids) or contact Sara for additional info!
Unit 1 – Jesus Taught Me How to Live
- April 23 – Simeon and Anna Met Jesus (Luke 2:21-40)
- April 30 – Jesus went to the Temple (Luke 2:40-52)
- May 7 – John the Baptist (Matthew 3:13-17; Luke 1:1-25,57-80; 3:1-22; John 1:19-37)
- May 14 – Four Friends Helped (Mark 2:1-12)
Unit 2 – Jesus is Alive!
- May 21– Jesus Made People Well (Matthew 8:1-13)
- May 28 – People Welcomed Jesus (Luke 19:28-40; John 12:12-19)
- June 4 – Jesus is Alive! (Matthew 26:36-28:10)
- June 11 – Jesus and the Children (Matthew 19:13-15)
- June 18 – Peter had Breakfast with Jesus (John 21:1-19)
Unit 3 – Learning About Church
- June 25 – The Church Began (Acts 2)
- July 2 – Peter and John Preached (Acts 3:1-4:21)
- July 9 – The Church Chose Helpers (Acts 6:1-7)
- July 16– Barnabas Encouraged Others (Acts 4:36; 9:26-31)
This week is a special week in our church and children’s ministry because we are celebrating Easter! We have a special opportunity to teach our kids more about the gospel and to celebrate God’s great love for us!
It is easy to get caught up in all of the egg hunts, and not spend as much time teaching our kids about the true meaning of Easter. So, below I have included family devotionals for every day this week, leading up to Easter Sunday. I encourage you to download or print this file today!
Unfortunately, I am a little late in posting this resource. The devotionals started Sunday, April 9. However, you can still use the devotionals in the coming days!
Have a good week!
P.S. Here a few other blog links that provide tips on studying God’s Word with your kids on a regular basis:
Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Sunday School this Spring! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Gospel Project for Kids App or contact Sara for additional info!
Theme: The Rescue Begins
- March 5: From Abraham to Jesus (Matthew 1:1-17)
- Main Point: Jesus’ earthly family included Abraham, David, and others.
- March 12: Mary Praised God (Luke 1:26-56)
- Main Point: God chose Mary to be Jesus’ mother.
- March 19: Jesus Was Born (Matthew 2:1-12; Luke 2:1-20)
- Main Point: Jesus was born to be God’s promised Savior.
- March 26: Jesus at the Temple (Luke 2:40-52)
- Main Point: Jesus cam ego earth to do His Father’s plan.
- April 2: Jesus was Baptized (Matthew 3:13-17; Mark 1:1-11; Luke 3:21-22; John 1:19-34)
- Main Point: Jesus obeyed God by being baptized.
- April 9 [Palm Sunday]: Jesus’ Triumphal Entry (Matthew 21:1-17; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:28-44; John 12:12-19)
- Main Point: People welcomed Jesus to Jerusalem as their King.
- April 16 [Easter]: Jesus’ Crucifixion and Resurrection (Matthew 26:36-28:10; John 18:1-20:18)
- Main Point: Jesus died on the cross to save people form sin, and He is alive.
- April 23: Jesus was Tempted (Matthew 4:1-11)
- Main Point: Jesus was tempted and never sinned.
- April 30: Jesus Met Nicodemus (John 3:1-21)
- Main Point: Jesus told Nicodemus he must be born again.
- May 7: Jesus and John the Baptist (John 3:22-36)
- Main Point: Jesus came from heaven to earth.
- May 14: Jesus Met a Samaritan Women (John 4:1-42))
- Main Point: Jesus told the Samaritan women He is the Messiah.
- May 21: Jesus Rejected in Nazareth (Luke 4:14-30)
- Main Point: Jesus explained that the scriptures tell about Him.
- May 28: Jesus and Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10)
- Main Point: Meeting Jesus changed Zacchaeus forever.
On Wednesday nights, both students and kids will be using the D6 Curriculum. If you download the D6 Family App (on your phone), you will have access to three free activities per week to go along with the lesson the kids learn at church. Click the “Splink” Tab after you open the App to find free resources. Additionally, you may purchase devotionals through the app for you and your kids to read. Also, you can use the weekly take home sheets as a tool to talk about the lessons.
(Note: The App dates the lessons by Sundays, rather than Wednesdays. Check the Below Schedule to ensure you are on the correct lesson each week.)
Wednesday Night Bible Studies
Seeing God in the Big Picture of our Lives (Old Testament – Exodus)
- January 18 – God Raised Up a Deliverer: God had a Plan for Moses (Exodus 2:1-25)
- January 25 – God Executed His Plan (Exodus 3:1-22)
- February 1 – God Delivered His People: God is our Deliverer (Exodus 12)
- February 8 – God Demonstrated His Power: God is Our Guide (Exodus 14)
- February 15 – God Met the Needs of His People: God is Our Provider (Exodus 16:1-17:7)
Rules and Relationships Work Together (Old Testament – Exodus/Numbers)
- February 22 – Rules to Live By (Exodus 20:1-21)
- March 1 – The Snare of Idolatry (Exodus 32:1-35)
- March 8 – The Glory of God’s Presence (Exodus 40:1-38)
- March 15 – Consequences of Rebellion (Numbers 14:1-38)
- March 22 – No Wash (Spring Break)
- March 29 – A Covering of Sin (Numbers 15:1-31)
The Attitude of Privilege, not Obligation, in Serving Christ (Special Topic – Grace)
- April 5 – Saved By Grace (Romans 5:15-21; 11:5-6; Ephesians 2:1-10)
- April 12 – Freedom from Guilt (Psalm 103:1-22)
- April 19 – Grace-based Relationships (Romans 14:1-23)
- April 26 – The Law of Love (Matthew 22:34-40; Romans 13:8-10; 1John 4:7-5:5)
Explaining the Supernatural from the Bible, not the Box Office (Special Topic: Difficult Questions)
- May 3 – How Does Prayer Work? (Matthew 7:7-11; Romans 8:26-27; John 14:13-14)
- May 10 – What is Heaven Really Like? (Revelation 21:1-22:5)
Here are some important dates for the spring semester:
- January 15, 2017 – Bible Drill Resumes (5:15-7:15 pm)
- February 12, 2017 – Church Drill, 6pm
- February 18, 2017 – Regional Bible Drill, 9:30am, Baring Cross Baptist in Sherwood, AR (4th-6th Grade Drill Group Only)
- March 4, 2017 – State Drill, 10 am (Woodland Heights Baptist Church, Conway, AR)
- March 19 & 26, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Spring Break)
- April 16, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Easter)
- May 14, 2017 – No Bible Drill (Mother’s Day)
- May 21, 2017 – Last Bible Drill of the year
Also, by clicking on the following link (Verse List), you will find a list of the verses and key passages that the kids will continue learning this year. The children should already have this verse/key passage list on the Green card that they received last semester.
It is important that you help your children and encourage them as they learn the verses, key passages, and books. I know it can be difficult to keep up with the papers that we send home each with assignments, so I have included two PDF documents on this blog that list the content we will be learning each week. Feel free to download and print this for yourself and/or your child.
Lastly, while they are learning/memorizing Bible Drill content, remember to talk about the verse meanings and key passage themes with your children. Our hope is that the kids not only memorize the words of Scripture, but also apply these truths to their lives. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Below is the list of lessons that we will be covering during Sunday School this Winter! If you would like additional activities or information, please use the take home sheets that we send home weekly with the kids. Also, you can download the Gospel Project for Kids App or contact Sara for additional info!
Theme: Exile and Return
- December 4: Daniel and his Friends Obeyed God (Daniel 1)
- Main Point: Daniel obeyed God by not eating the king’s food.
- December 11: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Daniel 3)
- Main Point: God was with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fire.
- December 18: Daniel was Rescued (Daniel 6)
- Main Point: Daniel was faithful to God, and God rescued Him.
- December 25: No Sunday School
- January 1: No Sunday School
- January 8: God Brought His People Home (Ezra 1:1-2:2; 2:64-3:13)
- Main Point: God changed the king’s heart so the Israelites could go home.
- January 15: The Temple was Completed (Ezra 4:1-7; 5:1-5; 6:1-22)
- Main Point: God helped His people rebuild the temple
- January 22: Esther became Queen (Ester 1-4)
- Main Point: Esther agreed to help her people.
- January 29: God Saved His People Through Esther (Ester 5-10)
- Main Point: God used Esther at just the right time to save His people.
- February 5: Nehemiah Heard News of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 1-2)
- Main Point: Nehemiah prayed that God would help His people rebuild Jerusalem’s walls.
- February 12: Jerusalem’s Walls Were Rebuild (Nehemiah 3:1-6:16)
- Main Point: God used Nehemiah to lead His people as they rebuilt Jerusalem’s walls.
- February 19: Ezra Read the Law (Nehemiah 8:1-12)
- Main Point: Ezra read God’s Word to teach the people how to obey God.
- February 26: Malachi the Prophet (Malachi 1-4)
- Main Point: God told His people to repent and get ready for Jesus.